Pumpkin Cocktail Season
It wouldn’t be autumn without a whole lot of pumpkin. Gather together your favorite fall ingredients and get to mixing. Gourds gone wild!
When the leaves start falling and the temperature drops, it’s time for pumpkin everything. But let’s face it: the same old, same old isn’t exactly appetizing. Pumpkin pie—too traditional. Pumpkin latte—too trendy. Pumpkin cocktail—now we’re talking!
Although it’s not the most versatile ingredient in the world, pumpkin is undeniably nostalgic and comforting. Many mixologists pair pumpkin with whiskey, particularly bourbon, and it also goes well with creamy liqueurs, ginger beer and vodka. To add texture and flair to some of these recipes, try using pumpkin seeds, spice or puree as garnish.
These delicious drinks are sure to be a smash hit at your next party. Who’s ready to fall in love with pumpkin all over again?
Top 5 Pumpkin Cocktails
This seasonal twist on the classic Moscow Mule is made for your Instagram feed. And it wouldn’t be a Mule without a copper mug!
- 2 oz Vodka
- 5 oz Ginger Beer
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Syrup
- Pumpkin pie spice-sugar for rim (½ sugar, ½ pumpkin pie spice)
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and pumpkin pie spice to create mixture for rim of mug.
- Dip copper mug in water and immediately dip mug into pumpkin pie spice-sugar mixture.
- Combine vodka, ginger beer and pumpkin pie syrup in a glass and stir well to combine.
- Fill mug with ice and pour mixture into the prepared glass.
We took two classic fall flavors and combined them into one amazing libation. Apple pie and pumpkin—what took you so long to get together?
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 ½ oz Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ cup Pumpkin Ale
- Cinnamon sticks and cranberries for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, shake together the bourbon, apple cider and lemon juice.
- Pour into 4 glasses filled with ice, distributing the beer evenly into each glass.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and cranberries.
Who doesn’t love a slice of pumpkin pie a la mode? Here’s the scoop—you can enjoy those flavors in a boozy ice cream float. Dreams do come true.
- 2 scoops vanilla or pumpkin ice cream
- 1 cup Pumpkin Beer
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Fill footed mug or a mug with hot water to preheat it, then empty.
- Scoop two scoops of ice cream into a glass and pour pumpkin beer into each glass, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to garnish.
This rich and creamy cocktail is dessert in a glass. If you’re looking for something sweet, refreshing and tasty, look no further than Pumpkin Chata.
This unique take on a White Russian is the perfect blend of spice, cream, coffee and sweetness. Rim the glass with chocolate sprinkles for an extra treat.
- 4 cups apple cider
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 oz heavy cream
- 1 ounce Coffee Liqueur
- Whipped cream and chocolate syrup for garnish
- In a large pot, simmer brown sugar and 2 cups water.
- Pour vodka, coffee liqueur, ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and heavy cream into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously, and strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Top with whipped cream, finish with a drizzle of chocolate syrup, and serve.
- 10 Ways To Celebrate Mother's Day
- Best Blends Forever
- Be Your Own Wine Critic — Rate Your Favorite 5¢ Wine
- Every Rosé Has Its Day
- How To Win At 5¢ Wine
- Introducing BevMo! Private Collection
- New To The 5¢ Family
- Our Favorite 5¢ Wines For Entertaining
- The Best Bottles To Bring The Host
- The Rise of Bourbon Barrel-Aged Wine
- 10 Sparkling Wines for Summertime
- The Toast Of The 5¢ Town
- The Widow & The Wine
- Trending Now: Canned Wine
- Valentine’s Day Wines
- A Toast To Irish Traditions
- Bloody Mary Brunch
- Brunch Cocktails
- Cinco de Mayo Culinary Delights
- Cognac In Mixology
- Creamy & Dreamy
- Fall Comfort Cocktails
- Harvest Mocktails
- Host A Cocktail Station
- Impress Your Guests
- Liqueur World Tour
- Perfectly Paired Cocktails
- Pumpkin Cocktails
- Red, White & Booze
- Spiked Seltzer
- Tequila from A-Z
- Find Your Favorite Whiskey Flavor
- Whiskey 101
- Fall Comfort Cocktails
- Top 5 Harvest Mocktails
Beer & Cider
- A Tipsy Treat
- Cold Beer For Spring Fever
- Cool Canned Beer for the Pool
- Cheers To Mexican Beer—¡Viva Cerveza!
- Great Beer Minus The Gluten
- Inside The World of Cider
- Seasonal Brews You'll Fall For
- The Art of American Craft Beer
- The Ins & Outs Of Stouts
- What Makes A Winter Brew?
- How To Home Brew Your Favorite Beer
- Summer Survival Guide to Session Beer
- Fall Seasonal Brews
- Pumpkin Cocktail
- The Spiked Seltzer Craze