Bloody Mary BrunchEveryone wants to wind down over the weekend, but not just any drink will do. When it comes to brunch, no cocktail is more iconic and filling than the Bloody Mary.
Let’s mix things up with original recipes featuring both traditional and unconventional base spirits and mixers. We’re sharing tricks of the trade and useful tips on how make the perfect Bloody Mary in your own kitchen.
Do you prefer spicy or salty? Pared down or with all the fixins? Vodka, tequila or whiskey? No matter how you like your Bloody Mary, you’ll never look at tomato juice the same way again. Just follow our Bloody Mary Brunch guide, and enjoy a meal in a glass this weekend.Try these delicious recipes for instant brunch bliss:
Sunday Funday Bloody Mary
Keep things classic with this tried-and-true cocktail, and enjoy every minute of your Sunday, Bloody Mary, Sunday!
- - 1 part Pinnacle Original Vodka
- - 2 parts tomato juice
- - 1 dash hot sauce
- - 1 dash horseradish
- - 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Shake, then add celery and other fun toppings.
Spice things up with our tequila-based recipe for a Bloody Maria, featuring a fiery medley of chili sauce, seasoning and hot peppers.
- - 1 ½ parts Sauza Signature Blue Silver Tequila
- - 7 parts tomato juice
- - 1 dash Sriracha Chili Sauce
- - 3 grinds fresh black pepper
- - 1 dash lemon juice
- - 1 dash celery salt
- - 1 dash paprika
- - 1 dash cumin
- - 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- - Lime
- - Olives
- - Pickled jalapeño
- - Cilantro sprig
In a shaker filled with ice, combine all ingredients.
Shake well and pour into a tall glass over ice—with or without salt.
Garnish with a lime, an olive, a pickled jalapeño and a sprig of cilantro.
If you’re looking for a savory twist, try this whiskey-infused rendition, featuring Kentucky Bourbon, barrel-aged bitters and Tajín seasoning.
- - 1 ½ parts Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey
- - 2 basil leaves
- - 2 dashes Fee Brothers Old-Fashioned Bitters
- - ¾ cinnamon simple syrup
- - 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- - Lemon wedges
- - Tajín spice
In a mixing glass, muddle the sauces, spices and basil leaves.
Add all remaining ingredients and roll back and forth with ice in a mixing tin.
Pour over ice in glass rimmed with Tajín spice.
All The Mixins & Fixins
The most crucial add-ons include celery, lemon and lime. But that’s just the start! Get creative with some cocktail shrimp, green beans, baby corn, asparagus, jalapeños, olives, pickles…and unless you’re a vegetarian, you can’t skip the bacon!
Tips & Tricks
- •Is your Bloody Mary too thick? Just add a splash of lime or olive juice!
- •No matter what you pair with your premade mix or tomato juice, be sure to include mild and spicy options for all taste preferences.
- •Don't add ice to your mix—serve chilled and add the ice to the glass.
- •Make sure your skewers reach the bottom of the glass. This keeps the garnishes from dropping into the drink, plus it allows for more flexibility.
Don’t Forget The Extras!
Rim your glass with celery salt, kosher salt or even chili pepper for some extra kick! Salt and black pepper are a must for any Bloody Mary, but don’t be afraid to try something new like garlic powder or paprika.
- 10 Sparkling Wines for Summertime
- 10 Ways To Celebrate Mother's Day
- The Best Bottles To Bring The Host
- Best Blends Forever
- Be Your Own Wine Critic — Rate Your Favorite 5¢ Wine
- Every Rosé Has Its Day
- How To Win At 5¢ Wine
- Introducing BevMo! Private Collection
- New To The 5¢ Family
- Our Favorite 5¢ Wines For Entertaining
- Priority Wine Pass
- The Rise of Bourbon Barrel-Aged Wine
- The Toast Of The 5¢ Town
- Top Holiday Wine Buys
- Trending Now: Canned Wine
- Valentine’s Day Wines
- The Widow & The Wine
- Holiday Wine Gift Guide
- 6 Essential Bottles for Every Bar Cart
- Bloody Mary Brunch
- Brunch Cocktails
- Cinco de Mayo Culinary Delights
- Cognac In Mixology
- Creamy & Dreamy
- Comfort Cocktails
- Find Your Favorite Whiskey Flavor
- Harvest Mocktails
- Host A Cocktail Station
- Impress Your Guests
- Leftover Lounge Cocktails
- Liqueur World Tour
- Perfectly Paired Cocktails
- Pumpkin Cocktails
- Red, White & Booze
- Spiked Seltzer
- Tequila from A-Z
- A Toast To Irish Traditions
- Top 5 Harvest Mocktails
- Whiskey 101
- 5 Ways to Make a Mule
Beer & Cider
- The Art of American Craft Beer
- Cheers To Mexican Beer—¡Viva Cerveza!
- Cold Beer For Spring Fever
- Cool Canned Beer for the Pool
- Fall Seasonal Brews
- Great Beer Minus The Gluten
- How To Home Brew Your Favorite Beer
- The Ins & Outs Of Stouts
- Inside The World of Cider
- Pumpkin Cocktail
- Seasonal Brews You'll Fall For
- The Spiked Seltzer Craze
- Summer Survival Guide to Session Beer
- A Tipsy Treat
- What Makes A Winter Brew?